just ordered surface rt w/ a red touch cover from microsoft store

Scadoosh

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
should be here sometime next week. what should i do first when i get it!? gonna use it mostly just for entertainment/web surfing. not sure if ill have the capability to log into my work computer via vpn yet, but that would be a plus.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
First order of business, check for updates. There usually are a hand full of em. Secondly get to the market and grab up
King Oddball, Netflix, WeatherFlow, Sports Republic, Discourse, Note Anytime, Tennis In The Face, Music Info, SmartGlass, Nokia Music, Youtube RT and NewsBento. Then sit back and chill.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would also recommend the registry change to get 4 rows of tiles on the start screen. It's a big change. It'll give you a slightly smaller onscreen keyboard, but it's more than worth it to me.

Also, if you're adding an SD card you'll have to take steps to get it to index properly to work with Xbox Music and the Picture hub.

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm so jealous of your new toy. I've been thinking long & hard about getting rid of my Ipad & getting one of these. I even thought about buying one & doing the 14 day money back guarante if I didn't like it.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats, Mr. OP! The red touch cover is gorgeous (I have the red Limited edition one), it looks as good and works great, too!

Scadoosh

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i wanted one since i first played with it a few months ago, but wanted to wait because i thought the price would come down. well its may and my patience ran out so i gave in. Will be selling my macbook pro (nothing against it, i liked it but i now have my work laptop so it makes sense to sell the mbp).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of the recovery partition as well and save it on a 4gb usb then put it somewhere very safe. Will give you extra space. The steps are pretty simple and can be found if you do a quick bing search if your unsure.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Get rid of the recovery partition as well and save it on a 4gb usb then put it somewhere very safe. Will give you extra space. The steps are pretty simple and can be found if you do a quick bing search if your unsure.

I was going to do this but then chickened out....what if the storage device is lost or becomes corrupt....any steps on how to get it back? can the microsoft store help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos