Jerky scrolling on Xbox Video - Music - Games

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else experience jerky scrolling when on the main screen for Xbox Video, Music and Games?

The homepages are incredibly jerky on my Surface and not smooth at all. I can switch over to Bing News and scrolling remains smooth and consistent throughout the app but the other apps have a noticeable problem. However, scrolling is nice and smooth once I click into a category like movies store > or the windows games store. It's just the main screen that's jerky.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Surface refreshed and everything seems to be working much better. I left performance options as is, adjusted superfetch, input latency and I did not add any tracking protection. The jerky scrolling is gone plus the system seems much snappier.

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Could you elaborate, or point me to a guide on how to change those settings you mentioned? :)
Its kinda annoying that apps like xbox music and games are laggy when it has to display animation. And why lists like album or artist lists are so slow to animate when scrolling, still puzzels me why a native app can be so crappy. Also, did you notice any difference exiting apps that are graphicly intense? I've experienced a lot of lag on the homescreen coming out of a game that is not well optimized for the Tegra 3 chip.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Could you elaborate, or point me to a guide on how to change those settings you mentioned? :)
Its kinda annoying that apps like xbox music and games are laggy when it has to display animation. And why lists like album or artist lists are so slow to animate when scrolling, still puzzels me why a native app can be so crappy. Also, did you notice any difference exiting apps that are graphicly intense? I've experienced a lot of lag on the homescreen coming out of a game that is not well optimized for the Tegra 3 chip.

Here's how to adjust the performance settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/204346-6.htm#post1972464

This is what I'm currently using. I eliminated a tiny bit of visual flare but still managed to keep animations looking smooth. I would like to uncheck "Animate controls and elements inside windows" because that really improves Xbox Music. Unfortunately, that also kills Live Tiles and thumbnails in Xbox Video.

There's also instructions in the thread above to reduce input latency and how to disable superfetch.

Attachments

• performance settings.PNG
    performance settings.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes