Thinking about getting an RT

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Thinking about getting an RT and have a couple questions.

1 - Best place to buy one? I checked Amazon and the prices were right around where the Microsoft store has them.

2 - Any release dates on an RT 2? I'd to pick one up and a new one is released a month later.

3 - A link to where I can search for available RT apps. I am using a WP8 device but its my guess they have different apps.

Thanks in advance

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about getting an RT and have a couple questions.

1 - Best place to buy one? I checked Amazon and the prices were right around where the Microsoft store has them.

2 - Any release dates on an RT 2? I'd to pick one up and a new one is released a month later.

3 - A link to where I can search for available RT apps. I am using a WP8 device but its my guess they have different apps.

Thanks in advance

Same apps as win8.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think prices are pretty consistent across the board

no word yet on a successor, although as the x86 (or are they x64?) Intel atom chips get more efficient, they may be a potential option imho

RT (unmodded) can only access the apps in the Windows 8 Store, so you could search the store if you have a Windows 8 PC. (and check in details to make sure its compatible with ARM)

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I would wait a month or two to see what MSFT pans out. I'm close to selling my Surface b/c I need something faster. It's a great tablet and works well with Office, but it just needs to be faster.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the RT 2 will be Tegra4. I'm just hoping this time Microsoft has enabled the 5th battery saving core for Connected Standby. It will probably cost the same as the existing Surface, but why wait? Tegra 3 is a nice chipset and Microsoft has enabled all of the goodies on it except 5th core.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would think prices are pretty consistent across the board

no word yet on a successor, although as the x86 (or are they x64?) Intel atom chips get more efficient, they may be a potential option imho

RT (unmodded) can only access the apps in the Windows 8 Store, so you could search the store if you have a Windows 8 PC. (and check in details to make sure its compatible with ARM)
You mean the RT Surface can be "modded" to run non Win8 store applications? Care to elaborate on this?

reedsutton

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Staples has RTs for $399 right now. There was an article on the main site with all the details.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
1. Wherever you pick it up, go to the MS Store site after you receive the unit and get Microsoft Complete. It's a no quibble warranty for a replacement unit under any circumstances. If my 2yr old decides to jam peanut butter in the ports, or I run it over with my car, or I get a couple of scratches on it I don't care for, it will be exchanged for a new unit no questions asked.

2. Haven't heard any exact dates yet, but if you continue to wait for the 'next thing,' you'll never own anything :). If the MicroSurf fits your needs, as it did with us in spades, then I would suggest going out and getting one.

3. Try here: MetroStore

If you have any questions on specific apps, let us know. We've had a MicroSurf since launch and are pretty familiar with everything about it.

Hope that helped and good luck with your purchase!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99