Unresponsive hyperlinks/page loads?

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that on various sites I'll randomly have issues with pages loading correctly. The typical issue is that the screen/links become unresponsive even though the page looks like it has finished loading and the hyperlinks look like they are active. Sometimes the buttons below (i.e. the refresh button) are also impacted. Using the cursor or touch doesn't change it - both become unresponsive.

Anybody else experience this? We have a great router and I never have these issues on the other PC's, so I don't think it's a network loading issue. TIA.

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, same issue here (on Yoga 11 though). I actually reduced the problem a lot by doing these 2 things:
1) Disable ipv6
Disabling IPv6 on the Wireless Interface with a reboot worked for me.
To disable IPv6:
- Go to All Apps then Control Panel, Network and Internet
- Under Network and Sharing Center, select View network status and tasks
- on the right side, select: Change adapter settings
- Right clic on Wi-Fi then select Properties
- Scroll down and uncheck IPv6 and click Ok.
- Reboot the device and try.

2) Add tracking protection (avoids loading unwanted ads)
Open the Desktop Mode, IE, Manage Addons, Tracking Protection, get lists online, I would recommend at least two: Easylist and ******.

I have found these solutions online, and they worked for me. Of course, they are not the optimal solution but.. try!

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Gilezzz - I don't know what any of that meant/did, but so far so good. Just followed your instructions and rebooted and seems to have worked great - thanks! Will report back after a few days.

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome. I am not totally happy about having to disable features in order to have a decent web browsing.. I would like to have some competition over web browsers for RT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre