Hi all,

I haven't had much time to do research on this so figured I would turn to help here. I am traveling extensively starting tomorrow for work. I love my RT as it works great for work productivity on the road. I guess my question is what are my options for offline entertainment? Meaning while I am on the plane. Can I download and save movies on my RT somehow from the marketplace or do I need a wifi connection to watch movies? Again, I don't have an issue finding plenty to do while I have wifi via my phone's hotspot. Just wanting to get some things to entertain me while I am at 30,000 feet without wifi.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    05-27-2013 09:02 PM
    You do have a file system on the RT, so you can download movies (and any file that you wish to download). Just have fun looking for an app that can open certain formats (.mkv as an example)
    Also, you do have some games on the Windows Store.

Also, remember to bring some headphones. You might disturb other passengers with the [S]aura of awesomeness[/S] sound your Suface RT creates.
    firedancer1189 likes this.
    05-27-2013 09:55 PM
    I've traveled with mine and just rented movies from Xbox Movies. Those can be downloaded and watched without WiFi. Not sure if you were looking for a free option though...
    firedancer1189 likes this.
    05-27-2013 10:22 PM
    Don't need free...was hoping I could rent them via Xbox Movies...thanks for clarifying I can watch them offline.
    05-27-2013 10:37 PM
    Try out some trial versions of games. You'll eventually find at least one time waster.
    05-28-2013 08:05 AM
    mine is loaded with movies on the card to watch on a plane
    but in my past two major trips i have been totally unsuccessful in hooking it up to the hotel room's big screen tv via the hdmi port. none of these tv's seem to recognize it's signal when i plug it into the wall socket in the room. never seem to have that problem with my laptop
    05-29-2013 08:26 AM
    mine is loaded with movies on the card to watch on a plane
    but in my past two major trips i have been totally unsuccessful in hooking it up to the hotel room's big screen tv via the hdmi port. none of these tv's seem to recognize it's signal when i plug it into the wall socket in the room. never seem to have that problem with my laptop
    Yeah, I took my HDMI cable with me to Nashville, and the TV wouldn't recognize mine either. It is a conspiracy, I tell ya.
    05-30-2013 09:45 AM
    I fly 2 - 3 days a week for work and find the RT very useful. here is what I do for offline entertainment:

Slapdash Podcasts - if you subscribe to a podcast you can download for offline access
    Next issue for magazines
    xbox music
    xbox video
    misc games
    Syncplicity for accessing my work files, great sync & offline access

Good luck...
    05-30-2013 10:22 PM
    Or you can use some youtube download apps to put down some clips from youtube for offline playback.......
    05-30-2013 10:30 PM
    [S]Also, remember to bring some headphones. You might disturb other passengers with the [S]aura of awesomeness[/S] sound your Suface RT creates.[/S]
    Edited for accuracy:
    Also, remember to bring some headphones. You (or anyone) will not be able to hear any sound your Surface RT creates from those quiet and inadequate speakers--especially on a plane.
    05-31-2013 06:17 PM