IE address bar search does not end up at Bing

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Since the last update, I started having this strange issue. Normally, I just type a search phrase into the address bar of the internet explorer on my Surface RT, hit enter, and end up on the result page of Bing. Since the June update, there is for several second a Bing address in the address bar after I hit enter, but then the search gets redirected to Time Warner Cable, my service provider. The search phrase is still the same.

Does anybody experience the same or has a solution? This is very annoying.

Thanks

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into Internet Explorer Options, copy the home page to your clipboard. It will probably be Bing or msn.com.

Below that, click Delete.Check EVERYTHING then click Delete.

Then click the advanced tab. Click Restore Advanced Settings button. Then click Apply. Then click the button below it labeled Reset.

Check Delete Personal Settings then click reset. It will ask you to restart the browser but don't at this point. When the reset is finished, Click the General tab. Paste what you copied earlier to the home page, click Apply.
Click the Programs tab, the click Manage add-on's button. Most if not all those add-ons will be disabled. Click each one at a time then click Enable. When you're done, close the browser and reopen it. It should open on the Bing.com page or whatever it was set to before. See if this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro