08-04-2013 12:53 AM
34 12
tools
    No legacy apps and hence very limited, it is not that hard to understand.
    Not really, one device is for Home use the other for Business use. Why do you think Surface RT ships with Office Home & Student instead, it's not that hard to understand.
    07-26-2013 08:27 AM
    Not really, one device is for Home use the other for Business use. Why do you think Surface RT ships with Office Home & Student instead, it's not that hard to understand.
    You say what I say.
    07-26-2013 08:28 AM
    It is still Windows. Saying a lack of ability to play x86 apps makes it not Windows is to link Windows to a single type of file.
    07-26-2013 08:40 AM
    It is still Windows. Saying a lack of ability to play x86 apps makes it not Windows is to link Windows to a single type of file.
    I was attempting to make it easier to understand for the OP, who was implying that the choice between RT and Win 8 Pro was based on price. If he bought an RT and tried to install Firefox, Flight Simulator, or Leisure Suit Larry, then he'd be understandably upset if he was under the impression that RT was a Windows device (which it is technically, I know...)
    Chregu likes this.
    07-26-2013 08:48 AM
    I was attempting to make it easier to understand for the OP, who was implying that the choice between RT and Win 8 Pro was based on price. If he bought an RT and tried to install Firefox, Flight Simulator, or Leisure Suit Larry, then he'd be understandably upset if he was under the impression that RT was a Windows device (which it is technically, I know...)
    Ah, then you have my apologies.
    All too often I read people bashing RT based on the idea that it isn't Windows.
    07-26-2013 09:05 AM
    That would predicate that he didn't READ the simple writing on the back of the box in which case there would be no excuse for ignorance. If you simply spend hundreds of dollars without doing a modicum of research then you prescribe to the phrase a fool and his money are soon parted.
    07-26-2013 09:12 AM
    Ah, then you have my apologies.
    All too often I read people bashing RT based on the idea that it isn't Windows.
    Not a problem, I think we're both expressing the same concern, but just from different directions.

That would predicate that he didn't READ the simple writing on the back of the box in which case there would be no excuse for ignorance. If you simply spend hundreds of dollars without doing a modicum of research then you prescribe to the phrase a fool and his money are soon parted.
    The look & feel of Windows RT has made it easy to confuse with "full fat" windows. Very easy not to bother reading the back of the box.
    07-26-2013 09:19 AM
    no that's no excuse.
    07-26-2013 09:20 AM
    08-04-2013 12:53 AM
34 12