Does anyone have a EN-US (US) Recovery Drive for Windows RT 8.0?

dtk31883

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Over at XDA (Recovery Image Info - xda-developers) they have a EN-GB (UK) Recovery Image that can be use to restore/reset your Surface RT. Problem is that they don't have an EN-US version or other country versions. Your help would help a lot of users who didn't know or forgot to create their recovery drive. Thanks for your help...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I may have the recovery on a flash drive somewhere. I will look. If I do, I will upload it to Skydrive and give you a link.

Skydrive has a 2 gig size limit, btw :(

My only question on sharing a recovery disk, is the activation key. I'm not sure if MS did anything different this time, i.e. Unique keys per device (possibly tied to the device SN, UEFI based). Or did they stay with the old OEM generic key method on the Surface RT.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I know where it is but I won't be able to get to it until Sunday or Monday (probably). As far as file sizes, that is why you .rar it and split it apart!

StarLog

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have also, tried several free upload sites. None will support the win size. If some one has a good FTP site I will upload a out of box version from Microsoft.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You are in luck. Right now I am in the middle of compressing to multiple .rar files. I will then upload to skydrive (this will take a LONG time so be patient). Once available, I will post the link to download the .rar files. To uncompress, use WinRAR to extract the first file. You will be asked for a password. Ask me for that password through PM AFTER I post the link. That will then pull all the files back together. Place everything on a usb drive and give it a try.

dtk31883

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is going to try the US Recovery drive don't forget to format the USB stick FAT32 before transferring the files!!!! It wont boot off the USB stick if it is NTFS or other. Also Hold down the - audio button rocker and press the power button to boot from usb.

zombolo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i restored my Surface to 8.0 yesterday! ^___^ V

Many thanks for your efforts mase123987, your recovery was perfect!

P.S. I reformatted my drive during installation to wipe completely RT 8.1 Preview out.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I will make the links invalid by Monday. I have a feeling that too much downloading could affect the TOS. Download while you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)