Does anyone have a EN-US (US) Recovery Drive for Windows RT 8.0?

seraph1024

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
btw, for those that are wondering about the sharing of KEYS. You are not sharing keys. Keys are built in to the UEFI and recovery image does not have any keys. Microsoft says you can use ANY recovery from any Surface RT across any other Surface RT.

therune

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to use the recovery USB drive I created and I tried using the one provided in this thread. Everytime I go to recovery and try to run a complete reset it accesses my USB drive and tells me files are missing. Anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to use the recovery USB drive I created and I tried using the one provided in this thread. Everytime I go to recovery and try to run a complete reset it accesses my USB drive and tells me files are missing. Anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First thing I would do would be to reformat the usb drive and place the files back on. If that doesn't work, try using a different usb flash drive.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is how you do it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) Mount Windows ISO file.
(2) Run "cmd.exe" as administrator.
(3) Type "diskpart".
(4) Type "list disk". Note which disk is your thumb drive. Let's assume disk 1 is your USB memory stick.
(5) Type "select disk 1".
(6) Type "clean".
(7) Type "create partition primary".
(8) Type "select partition 1".
(9) Type "active".
(10) Type "format fs=fat32". "format quick fs=fat32" performs a quick format using FAT32 file system.
(11) Type "assign". You'll notice that the drive letter of your USB memory stick has changed.
(12) Type "exit".
(13) Type "xcopy <source>:\*.* /s/e/f/h <destination>:\"
(14) Once the copying is completed, type "exit" to close the Command Prompt.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I used an ISO that somebody on this Board made from the recovery files. No need to mount if you have the files. Can't use any ISO. Has to be from Surface RT recovery files (created to USB drive).

therune

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks, I've tried using 2 different sets of recovery files and I just can't get recovery to work. :( When I try booting off the USB drive I get:

Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005C.

If I try to recover through the "factory reset" option it tells me files are missing. Not sure why I can't get this to reset.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I would just like to say I have a xps 10 after update it wouldn't boot sent back to dell they fixed it then I upgraded and bam wouldn't boot again,then I said oh where is that sdcard its in there tablet some how destroyed the card cause when I tried to read the card on anything it didn't show up and when I took it out of my tablet thebtablet booted up and has been flawless ever since maybe 8.1 tried tonuse it as a recovery drive I don't know

Sent from my RM-893 Lumia 925

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12