Does anyone have a EN-US (US) Recovery Drive for Windows RT 8.0?

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
hi friends please help am from Ecuador and have been searching forums about Surface and recently read that you can help me. My Surface stopped working months ago and do not suddenly start prendi no windows and only suface logo appears and so remains unbootable windows. Not if I download the file to boot my USB Surface. Help!:unhappysweat:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
hi friends please help am from Ecuador and have been searching forums about Surface and recently read that you can help me. My Surface stopped working months ago and do not suddenly start prendi no windows and only suface logo appears and so remains unbootable windows. Not if I download the file to boot my USB Surface. Help!:unhappysweat:

I thought you would have gotten a reply or a link with the file by now. I have a copy of the file you need. It is 3.5 gigs so I would have to split it up to put it in my onedrive public folder. I would also put a pass word on it. Let me know what if you still want the file.

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Could you point me to the x32 and x64 bit versions? I'd like to bookmark them for future reference.

64-bit version of Windows RT?

I thought you would have gotten a reply or a link with the file by now. I have a copy of the file you need. It is 3.5 gigs so I would have to split it up to put it in my onedrive public folder. I would also put a pass word on it. Let me know what if you still want the file.

For anyone who still needs the RT USB recovery image (and also anyone planning to upload the same), please see the link to the official page with instructions in this post above.

IcarusFalling

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have an Asus and I cannot download those files. There is a link to the files I need to replace over the surface files at xda-developers but I still need to create a surface recovery USB first and cannot access these files without a Surface Serial. Can anybody help me get those files but simply re-uploading them somewhere for me?

This seems to still be a problem for anybody that owns Windows RT on anything but a Surface.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Interesting Microsoft didn't require a serial number before. I went there and tried to download again so I see what you mean. Give me a bit as I will need to split the file and then upload somewhere.

xxthe_remedyxx

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the 8.1 RT image and prepared a thumb drive as per the instructions here. Every time I try to restore the image I get the following error:

"There was a problem resetting your PC".

My thumb drive is a 32GB SanDisk Extreme 3.0 device, I wonder if that's the issue... I will attempt with a 2.0 8GB thumb drive. Device is a Surface RT 64GB.

lpsn

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks, I've tried using 2 different sets of recovery files and I just can't get recovery to work. :( When I try booting off the USB drive I get:

Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005C.

If I try to recover through the "factory reset" option it tells me files are missing. Not sure why I can't get this to r

pablova

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have several problems with my Surface 2 (RT) freezing and tried all fixes I could find by investigating online

I understand my only hope is to get a Recovery image, but when I enter my device serial no Microsoft tells me my device is out of warranty so they will not supply me with an offcial recover image

I'm so frustrated I wasted so much time trying to fix this to get to a dead end and the company who put me there will not even help me

Could anybody here supply me with a link to download an unofficial recovery image? English version

Thanks in advance to all the mercyful souls around, you are my last hope!

Pablova

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb