07-30-2013 02:00 PM
56 123
tools
    Ya we've heard you already..

Everyone knows they should have pushed it softer..

No one said they did it all perfectly..
    First of all, please learn some manners.
    Second, all of this dealing in absolutes. "All", "No one", "Everyone", "Ever". In front of the shiny armor of your superior knowledge, I can only run and hide in a cave. No, under a rock.
    Last edited by gilezzz; 07-29-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Rule9 likes this.
    07-29-2013 06:31 AM
    A lot of the problem with Surface, as with WP, as mentioned by critics and haters, is lack of applications. I'm going to copy and paste three comments from an article that sum up what I've read time and time again from different tech forums regarding lack of development for M$ tablets and WP:

The developers have looked and listened about Microsoft's Windows 8 and Metro. And have respond with a great big 'nah'. Me included, I have developed many games for WP7, because it had a good developer relationship with Silver light and XNA. Windows 8 requires another Developer lisence and does not support XNA. So all the developers who told Microsoft so, are sitting back rather bemused at Ballmer's suggestions that we would come running to this platform. There really is no incentive as we share the same feelings about Windows 8 and Microsoft's arrogance.
    I am a Windows developer, and I will not write to the WinRT API. I, like many developers, am too alienated by what was done to Silverlight, .NET, and the lame .NET Metro profile. And as a Windows developer, I'm not going to target the small number of Metro users. I'm going to target the vast array of Windows users - from XP on up. Why would it make any economic sense for me to do otherwise?
    As a silverlight developer who got knifed in the back by MS, I'm done with native windows clients. I was an MFC ninja, WinForms guru, and pretty competent with Silverlight too. But I'm not gonna do WinRT/metro. It's HTML5 now, baby!

If only one day M$ will realize that its communication skills are absolutely atrocious.
    07-30-2013 01:24 PM
    so you cherry picked three disgruntled SL/XNA developers and suddenly its everyone?

I recently reinstalled my Surface and discovered that I have over 200 apps on it that I use. Ones I use mind you, not ones that I just got and never installed again. There are not a lack of apps for Windows 8. There are a lack of good developers though.
    07-30-2013 01:37 PM
    so you cherry picked three disgruntled SL/XNA developers and suddenly its everyone?

I recently reinstalled my Surface and discovered that I have over 200 apps on it that I use. Ones I use mind you, not ones that I just got and never installed again. There are not a lack of apps for Windows 8. There are a lack of good developers though.
    You shouldn't have bothered responding. Anyone who types out "M$" isn't exactly the most credible person out there to begin with.
    allos autos likes this.
    07-30-2013 01:51 PM
    true.
    07-30-2013 01:53 PM
    You shouldn't have bothered responding. Anyone who types out "M$" isn't exactly the most credible person out there to begin with.
    And here I thought I was alone in thinking that about people who type "M$"! Truth be told, I usually just move on to the next post whenever I encounter someone who uses it.
    07-30-2013 02:00 PM
56 123