Math on OneNote

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using OneNote for over a year now on both my work laptop and on my Surface RT. I did not know this until today, and discovered by accident that if you enter a series of functions and numbers, OneNote will do the calculations.
If you type: 4+4x3 = OneNote will automatically insert "16" after the equal sign.

I thought that was cool and don't think most people know about this feature. Enjoy! (Everyone likes Math right?)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's a cool discovery. I could see this being helpful for people who want to do quick calculations that aren't complex enough to need Excel formulas.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using OneNote for over a year now on both my work laptop and on my Surface RT. I did not know this until today, and discovered by accident that if you enter a series of functions and numbers, OneNote will do the calculations.
If you type: 4+4x3 = OneNote will automatically insert "16" after the equal sign.

I thought that was cool and don't think most people know about this feature. Enjoy! (Everyone likes Math right?)
cool, of course MS is quiet about all the little hidden treasures....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro