Surface RT 8.1 Preview multitask apps

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to put the Windows RT 8.1 Preview on my surface RT yesterday, and I noticed that one of the features (having 3-4 apps running at the same time on the screen) doesn't work on RT.. Is the screen resolution too small or am I doing something wrong? I thought the point was to be able to have the multitasking features regardless of screen resolution and the ability to have 4 small apps at once, which would clearly fit on the RT screen resolution. am I missing something?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember there being some resource, resolution, and/or screen size limitation... Maybe search for it?!

Someone may clarify for you later. I have personally decided to wait for the real 8.1 as I depend on my surface rt... I usually jump in head first, but not this time lol.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the resolution. I have ran 5 apps, 2 on the default monitor and 3 on an HP 23" external monitor via HDMI.

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that too. I just thought that the apps weren't updated to accommodate that feature. It seems they either have the full screen mode, or the sidebar mode. Nothing in between...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte