Surface RT Sales Increasing?

Vizer90

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
VARs Report Surge in Surface Demand as Prices Slashed

Here's an interesting article on the recent spike in Surface interest. With the price cuts and finally releasing the tablet to their enterprise channel partners, It looks like things are starting to pick up. On Google trends the surface RT has also climbed to the level of the Pro for the 1st time.

The problem was always limited distribution & price. However, they really had no choice but to overprice it to leave room for their OEMs. They only discounted after their partners moved 1st. These are things Apple (no partners) & Google (it's free shut up) don't have to worry about.

I look forward to the Surface 2. The OS becoming more efficient in 8.1 + sticking a snapdragon 800 & Tegra 4 in the new versions will drastically improve the user experience.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would think that the recent sale prices would help a lot in terms of increasing market share. It also helps that the Surface RT went on sale around back-to-school time.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
From what I see here in Taiwan, MS also provides discount plan for students, and many orders flood the resellers, and customers are complaining that resellers imported too few Surface tablets that they sold out quickly, people have to wait for next shipment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077