If I uninstall Xbox games, will I lose my saved game progress when I reinstall them?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it's about time to run a system refresh on my Surface RT as it's starting to get a tad sluggish now, with 2 user accounts. The problem is that I need to free up another 2.2GB of space just to run the refresher. The simplest solution is to uninstall Halo: Spartan Assault (1.20GB) and Rocket Riot 3D (1.1GB, with all DLC included). However, I worry that my saved game data, especially for Rocket Riot 3D, will be gone for good, which would suck. So, before I rashly uninstalled those apps, I just wanted to ask you RT experts first.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure you will loose it unless if the game data is saved in a different place. I play OOTP 14 and it always brings back my saved games on my Surface Pro and iMAC. Other games it doesn't :(

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe save games are stored in your Users directory under the username\AppData\Local\Packages. So, unless you are clearing out user data, the save games should survive. I'm pretty sure simply uninstalling and re-installing xbox games will not remove your save games. But I'm not sure about a system refresh. If that touches user data, than I would guess that your save games will get removed.

And obviously any game that saves to the cloud should be fine no matter what you do locally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss