I travel extensively and am frequently away from power sources. Accordingly, I'm looking for a rechargeable external battery to recharge my Surface RT when necessary.

This morning, I came across this item: Digipower Rechargeable Battery for Laptops & Mobile Devices and it got me thinking. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this, or something else, working with the magnetic connector to my Surface RT?

Thanks in advance,
    Rich
    09-18-2013 03:54 PM
    You are probably better off looking for a battery pack that you can plug the charger into. Ive no idea if they exist, but its worth a shot.
    09-18-2013 04:01 PM
    You can get adapters that will take current from a car's cigar lighter/power outlet to a domestic socket. I've used one of these quite a bit while I've been camping.
    09-19-2013 05:08 AM
    I travel extensively and am frequently away from power sources. Accordingly, I'm looking for a rechargeable external battery to recharge my Surface RT when necessary.

This morning, I came across this item: Digipower Rechargeable Battery for Laptops & Mobile Devices and it got me thinking. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this, or something else, working with the magnetic connector to my Surface RT?

Thanks in advance,
    Rich
    I think that the issue will be the magnetic connector on the Surface RT. Does anybody know a source of them, also what voltage are on which pins?
    09-19-2013 12:53 PM
    Thanks to all for your help! I did a lot more searching and found a solution: here's what I plan to get:

Charger Cable for Microsoft Surface RT
    Intocircuit Power Castle PC26000 26000mAh External Battery Pack
    09-20-2013 11:10 AM
    In need of a great gift? Buy a portable battery charger for iPhone. You can't go wrong with a charger that delivers power anywhere you need it, no cords required. Pick another one up for yourself!

best external battery pack for iphone

universal usb car charger
    09-24-2013 12:53 PM