Rumor: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 to launch Oct. 22 - Neowin

I hope this rumor is dead wrong. Starting at $499 will doom the Surface line once again. I'm hoping someone here can refute this rumor as I'm getting nervous that Microsoft is going to pull out this boneheaded move on Monday and expect us to be all giddly like a schoolgirl (or boy) and wait a month for the Surface 2.
    09-21-2013 08:29 AM
    It's a *rumor*.

Let's face it, it hasn't been launched yet. If you want confirmation, you're going to have to ask Microsoft.
    (P.S. If they're ever going to ship at 499, please give us 64GB Internal Storage)
    09-21-2013 08:58 AM
    If it's gonna be a lower price point, I won't even think about it: my current Surface that I have for a month now, I'm selling it for the Surface 2. But only if the price point really is lower. If it isn't, I'll wait till it's lower.
    09-21-2013 11:43 AM
    It's a *rumor*.

Let's face it, it hasn't been launched yet. If you want confirmation, you're going to have to ask Microsoft.
    (P.S. If they're ever going to ship at 499, please give us 64GB Internal Storage)
    I know it's rumor and it should be brushed aside, but this information came from one of Mary Jo Foley's source which carries a little more weight (I think). More information about this: Microsoft's Surface 2 launch: What to expect | ZDNet I hope they include the keyboard at this price.
    09-21-2013 12:28 PM
    Btw, I read here and there the Surface RT 2 isn't compatible with the Type cover for the current Surface RT. Is that true? Because chances are, like I said in my previous post, that I'll buy the Surface 2. But for the current Surface I would love to have the Type cover but if isn't compatible with the Surface 2 I'm not buying it. How *likely* do you guys think it is that the current generation Type cover isn't compatible with the Surface 2?
    09-22-2013 04:42 AM
    Btw, I read here and there the Surface RT 2 isn't compatible with the Type cover for the current Surface RT. Is that true? Because chances are, like I said in my previous post, that I'll buy the Surface 2. But for the current Surface I would love to have the Type cover but if isn't compatible with the Surface 2 I'm not buying it. How *likely* do you guys think it is that the current generation Type cover isn't compatible with the Surface 2?
    I've heard of a different rumor, that they'll be using the same dock as the Surface Pro, not the Surface RT.
    09-22-2013 05:22 AM
    So that means chances are big that if I buy the Type cover for the Surface RT now I can continue to use it when I get a Surface 2 RT later down the road?
    09-22-2013 06:28 AM