Windows 8.1

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Here it took like 5min to download (corporate connection, wooop), and more than 30min to install. The damn thing had to restart 3 times to apply the update!!!

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
"Gathering info" is nothing, after restart there's a lot more to setup. When I thought this setting up is done, then there's another setting up showing up, running another 0% to 100%.......Damn it, it's been nearly an hour since the restart, and I'm now stuck here in "Setting up a few more things 80%" for quite some while, when does it end?!

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
success! everything seems on track now. now for the surface pro and the desktop when i get home. i wish the windows phone update were released today, too!

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
OK...after the "preparing to restart" I went to the loo so don't know if it restarted! But now got another 0-100% "downloading" bar which has been doing nothing for 15 mins.

Update: It was AVG antivirus had stopped the install. After allowing it as an exception in AVG, it started the download.

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So is RT smooth now? or is RT laggy still and apps are sluggish.

Hard to tell at the moment while i'm installing 80 apps, importing my emails, contacts, music, accounts, and much more... lol

But I can surely say, that dreaded keyboard lag and bs with that is still here and I am super pissed. Actually the keyboard is more buggy then it was in the preview I am so incredibly pissed now.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally, I go through the setting up progress, now I'm in, and it says "Installing your apps", what does it means? Installing my apps I already installed from Windows Store?

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this surprises me, I thought I only have about 6~7GB of storage space left, but after RT 8.1 update, I notice that now I have 12GB of space available!! So the update file must have been deleted automatically along with other system files!!

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Eh another firmware update came up after the install. hopefully that fixes my keyboard problem!

some tings are snappier, but the keyboard lag is still very much there. worse in some cases. and i'm still getting the thing where upon restart or starting, the password field doesn't activate the on-screen keyboard. has only happened once so far, but i hope that's the only time. that happened to me daily w/ the preview and windows rt 8. the keyboard lag makes me think the photo editing tools and xbox music will still be very laggy. haven't tried them yet.

on a brighter note, 8.1 is definitely better than 8 and 8.1 preview. i like it. i hope they keep pushing it to perfection.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
All done with install. Played with it for a while and liking what I seen so far. Love that "Dragon" start screen background. Oh and the email app looks so much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs