Windows 8.1

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Windows 8.1 is going to be released the 17th octobre 2013 for Windows 8 device's, but do somebody know at what time the servers are going to be opened?

Credo.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't know exactly too. I read that at 4:00am in Redmond the update goes live (was said by Microsoft themselves) but if it is general available I don't know. Maybe it takes about a few days till every device can receive it, maybe all at once

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Word I've read is that it will be available in the US tomorrow. I read the 4am Redmond time too. If that's the case it should propagate nationwide in a few hours. I expect we'll all have it tomorrow.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
okay, but where will I have to go to get the update?

The Store, you'll be prompted to update once it's released.

Also, you MAY need to do a fresh install when updating to 8.1, but when I updated to 8.1 through the leaked image I was able to keep all my apps, files, and settings.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the 8.1 beta, but was prompted when I checked for updates that I had a 9.7GB "driver update". At least, I think it said 9.7GB. Long install, two restarts, a getting devices ready and now sitting on a screen with "Please wait while we install a system update".

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have the 8.1 beta, but was prompted when I checked for updates that I had a 9.7GB "driver update". At least, I think it said 9.7GB. Long install, two restarts, a getting devices ready and now sitting on a screen with "Please wait while we install a system update".

I had that yesterday too. Took a while to update that one haha. But I cant wait for 8.1!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, the update is today.

Tomorrow is the pre-order retail release date

From the WP Central home page article

How do I get Windows 8.1 onto my machine?If you are already running Windows 8, then all you need to do is sit back and relax. The update will be delivered to you free of charge via Windows Update.
If you aren?t already running Windows 8, you have two options as of now. You can grab a copy of Windows 8 at your favorite retail store and wait for the update to hit shortly, or you can preorder a copy of Windows 8.1 and then receive it October 18[SUP]th[/SUP] (a day after everyone else). Currently, Amazon.com offers a preorder of Windows 8.1 for $119.99.

From the official Windows Blog:-

I know a lot of folks are eager to find out when they will be able to get Windows 8.1. I am excited to share that starting at 12:00am on October 18th in New Zealand (that?s 4:00am October 17th in Redmond), Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 will begin rolling out worldwide as a free update for consumers with Windows 8 or Windows RT devices through the Windows Store. Windows 8.1 will also be available at retail and on new devices starting on October 18th by market. So mark your calendars!

Mark your calendars for Windows 8.1!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion