Hi all,

I recently updated my Surface RT to 8.1RT. While I like the changes that 8.1RT has brought, I am having a few issues, primarily with the Mail App and battery life (the latter I have posted in the appropriate thread in this forum).

Basically, my problem with the Mail App is as follows:

I have 3 email accounts - a Gmail account (has about 5000 mails and is about 4 GB in size); an Outlook Account and a Work-related account (both quite small). I added these accounts to the Mail app using the wizard and there were no problems. However, it has now been 4 days and the Mail app - this is true both on my RT and on desktop machine (running 8.1) - is still syncing. In the process, the Mail App (more on the RT than on the desktop) has become sluggish. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Mail app a couple of times but to no avail (the last time I did this was about 4 days back). I do get new mails, but they seem to be a little delayed.

I have the following settings for all the mail accounts: (1) Download email every 15 mins; (2) Download email from 'All the Time'. I need the last option sometimes for reference purposes.

What should I do? Is this happening to anyone else? If yes, and if you have solved the problem, could you please share how you did so?

Thanks in advance!
    10-23-2013 08:09 AM