Micro-HDMI trim job

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So I have read places that people have had to sand/cut/trim the micro-HDMI cord if they don't buy the official MS one to fit into their Surface due to the angled chassis. If this has happened to you, how much must you trim? My cord worked the first couple of times and has since stopped recognized it, yet the Surface screen ALWAYS stays black when connected to my TVs HDMI. I don't want to drop the $40 or whatever for the custom MS one if it is a relatively simple process. How much of the micro-HDMI really needs to be pushed in for the connection to yield an image on the TV?

Thanks!

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I purchased the Fosmon HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable (6 Feet) from Amazon for $5.26.
I didn't need to trim it. Worked right out of the box.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah got myself a microHDMI adapter instead, works fine, although mirroring resolution isn't great, but extended desktop on full 1080p is awesome

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought my mirco-HDMI cable from my local electronic store. In my experience I didn't trim it, all I did was to push it a bit tighter in, and the TV screen would show up.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't use my RT to do much TV viewing/streaming, but I do have an Amazon Basics cable that I first got it for a Blackberry Playbook which works on the RT without alteration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss