Length to install updates?

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got my surface RT last night and started the update process ( 40 total) around midnight. How long do these take? Just got home and it looks like im only about half way through!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming up on 4 hours, and the 8.1 RT install is at ~75%. I only selected a handful of updates at a time. I don't mind the repetition. It gives me a better sense of the progress, with less worry that it might be stuck.

Btw, nice phone. Great choice. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming up on 4 hours, and the 8.1 RT install is at ~75%. I only selected a handful of updates at a time. I don't mind the repetition. It gives me a better sense of the progress, with less worry that it might be stuck.

Btw, nice phone. Great choice. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We got the same combo going :) thanks for the info I think I'll break up the updates too!!

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
There are over 82 updates that you'll need to apply. They come in waves... 40 updates. Then "check for updates" and another 32 will appear. Let them install and then "check for updates" again. There'll be another 10 or so. Keep repeating until there are no more updates. Depending on the speed of the update servers and your internet connection, the total process might take 7 hours or more.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I received my RT Wed. I first applied all the 8.0 updates then I upgraded to 8.1. The entire process took me about 4 hours.

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Lucky enough that my RT, purchased @ Best Buy on Black Friday, came w/ 8.1 installed! They had them piled up for customers to grab them. Some had a, "Now w/ Windows 8.1!" sticker, while others did not. Lucky!

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine ended up taking forever the first time but I'm pretty sure that it got stuck. I then broke down the updates and did 8.1 and that went a bit faster. I just wanted to play with the thing quicker darn it!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12