Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    So I just got a 32GB RT and I have a question. I have updated to 8.1 and I was looking for the "Previous Windows Installations" folder to delete it. I saw it the other day and decided to not do anything. Well today I wanted to delete it, problem is, it's no longer there. Any idea of what might have happened to it? Other question is regarding my app sizes. I have no media on this device, I have run disk cleanup and I have installed 4 games, that's it. Yet, I now only have 8.8GB left of free space. When I look at the app sizes they are showing double of what the size said they were. Asphalt 8 for instance is showing that it is 2.8GB. My question is, isn't there a way to delete something regarding the apps so they only take up the actual amount equal to their real size? I thought I saw something somewhere about this but have no idea where. Thanks for any help. Oh, I already deleted the "download" folder under "software distribution". Thanks all.
    12-08-2013 06:28 PM
    The previous installation would be in the C:\Windows.old folder. If you've run disk clean up, it's possible it was deleted when you did that. Not sure about app sizes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 09:54 PM
    What do you mean by "When I look at the app sizes they are showing double of what the size said they were."?
    If you got the smaller figure from the Windows Store, it may be that they show the app download size, not the amount of space the app will take up on your device. The download size will typically be rather smaller.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 12-09-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Clarity
    12-09-2013 08:29 AM
    Yeah, for instance asphalt 8. When you go to download it, it says it is something like 1.4GB or something like that. Yet, it is taking up 2.8GB of my storage. I thought i read somewhere that it is because MS has a copy of it stored in cache or something.
    12-09-2013 10:24 AM