Surface RT questions...

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if any of these questions have been asked before, but searching and reading doesn't conclusively answer my questions:

Can I install apps to an SD card?

Is there an app in the store that is 'similar' to dreamweaver ? I just need something to design basic one page websites.

If there is nothing available in question 2, is there a remote desktop app so I can remotely use a nearby laptop running Dreamweaver ?

I'm not a gamer so I don't feel I need a Surface 2 and will be using the RT mainly for work/productivity. I can't afford to shell out for a Pro, so given the research I've done so far, I'm leaning towards a Surface RT64. If I can install apps on SD card, then I'd only need the RT32

Thanks in advance

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can install apps to an SD card but it's not done natively you would have to do a few things before that is possible can be found here http://wrtapps.com/2013/01/installing-windows-rt-store-apps-on-to-the-sd-card/
Regarding your next question for remote connect there are quiet a few apps, one being called remote desktop, splashtop 2, and teamviewer. These are all solid apps I have used and show barely any sign of lag when used.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For me, OneNote is a must-have app I'd recommend to anyone. It's well worth the time to learn how to use it.
Now instead of dozens of doc, xls, ppt, txt and other files scattered around in various folders I have single places for information that integrates so well with SkyDrive and Office apps. There's a few exceptions for complex spreadsheets etc, but day-to-day I now live in OneNote across multiple devices. It's how I always imagined computing - get your info, have it stored nicely together.
I like it.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
For me, OneNote is a must-have app I'd recommend to anyone. It's well worth the time to learn how to use it.
Now instead of dozens of doc, xls, ppt, txt and other files scattered around in various folders I have single places for information that integrates so well with SkyDrive and Office apps. There's a few exceptions for complex spreadsheets etc, but day-to-day I now live in OneNote across multiple devices. It's how I always imagined computing - get your info, have it stored nicely together.
I like it.
It's also available for iOS devices. Microsoft's official app is a bit limited but Outline+ works great. And using the SkyDrive version in Chrome browser on OSX helps access the data for those of us who own Macs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb