I've noticed that the email client in Surface RT doesn't always render clickable links in emails. For example, if you subscribe to this forum and receive updates the emails sent will contain links that aren't clickable. However, on my Nokia Windows Phone the links work. Is this a known bug?
    01-10-2014 09:39 AM
    Is it some kind of spam filtering? E-mail clients will generally disable links in mails they consider to be spam, in case they are malicious.
    01-10-2014 11:01 AM
    I don't think so. It's the built-in email client. The links are there but I have to copy and paste into IE instead of just clicking them. Very irritating. And it's not just emails from WPCentral forum. I've seen this with other emails too.
    01-10-2014 11:55 AM
    I've noticed this as well, and it is _VERY_ annoying. MS needs to get on this issue, email is too important for this sort of bug.

-E
    01-10-2014 02:53 PM
    I've noticed that the email client in Surface RT doesn't always render clickable links in emails. For example, if you subscribe to this forum and receive updates the emails sent will contain links that aren't clickable. However, on my Nokia Windows Phone the links work. Is this a known bug?
    That would be annoying. Does it always happen in all emails?

I've not had the issue with my RT running 8.1. I just did a couple of test emails to and from my various email accounts and all the links were live. I don't recall seeing any option to turn this "feature" on/off, but there may be one.
    01-10-2014 08:15 PM
    I saw this happen recently when I sent someone a link from SkyDrive. When he got the email on his RT the link was not clickable. I thought that was very odd.
    01-10-2014 09:03 PM
    That would be annoying. Does it always happen in all emails?

I've not had the issue with my RT running 8.1. I just did a couple of test emails to and from my various email accounts and all the links were live. I don't recall seeing any option to turn this "feature" on/off, but there may be one.
    It only happens for emails from certain senders... for example, WPCentral forum notification emails always have this problem. But the same emails render correctly in my Nokia Windows 8 phone email client and in the Gmail client.
    01-11-2014 07:36 AM
    Any updates, same issue .... win rt Nokia 2520
    02-14-2014 09:05 PM