Hey guys,

I just ordered a 32gb Surface RT, and was hoping you could help me buy the right cover for the tablet.

I couldn't decide between a Touch or Type cover, and are the Touch/Type 2 covers worth the higher price?

Also if i do get either of the two, should i also look to get a case for the surface or do these covers provide sufficient protection?
    01-27-2014 01:11 PM
    Well what cover to buy for surface,is something we can't help you,it depends with your style,personally i prefer the type cover because i want to feel the buttons-it helps me type faster,but in the other hand touch cover is really good too,it looks pretty cool and might be better for some people...
    I think the cover is just to protect the screen from dents...
    So an extra case wouldn't be bad idea...
    01-27-2014 01:24 PM
    I would have to say it depends on how much you can type, I found the touch nice but I found myself hitting the keys pretty hard and I didn't like the feel I ended up switching because it just felt more natural.
    01-27-2014 01:32 PM
    It took me quite a while to get use to the touch cover, but now that I have, I can type really quickly on it. My only regret is getting black instead of cyan or red :)
    01-27-2014 01:36 PM
    I purchased the type 2 for the pro 2 - really appreciate the backlighting and i have to say that the tactile feed back from the keys is great! All depends on how much typing you do :)
    01-27-2014 01:37 PM
    Oh ok, I think i'll give the type cover a go as I like to type a lot and would prefer the keyboard that allows me to type quicker.

Also, I was going to order a memory card for the tablet off Amazon. Is the SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card fine? WIll it work out of the box, or do i need to jump through a few hoops to get it running.
    01-27-2014 01:37 PM
    That sd card sounds fine - i have a bunch of sandisk cards myself.

I would say go for the highest and fastest card you can afford - i use my cards as secondary storage, like a secondary hard drive/flash drive.

Oh, about protection - I've been thinking about installing a screen protector. The keys don't seem to press on the screen but i might be a little paranoid lol
    01-27-2014 02:12 PM
    That sd card sounds fine - i have a bunch of sandisk cards myself.

I would say go for the highest and fastest card you can afford - i use my cards as secondary storage, like a secondary hard drive/flash drive.

Oh, about protection - I've been thinking about installing a screen protector. The keys don't seem to press on the screen but i might be a little paranoid lol
    Honestly, the screen protector doesn't make sense on the Surface. Firstly, the larger screen makes for a painstaking experience trying to perfectly put it on the screen and in the proper spot; and the large screen size with the cover means that one is less likely to get scratched anyway. So I don't think you should need one.
    01-27-2014 03:28 PM
    I havn't tried the Type cover, but I've used a Touch cover since last years october or so when I got the device. I have no problems writing on it and you get used to it fast. No doubt it's better to write on a Type cover (I assume), but it brings thickness and weight to the device. I pretty much wrote my bachelor's thesis on the train trips home using Surface RT with Touch Cover :P
    01-27-2014 03:34 PM
    Again, depends on what you like. I have a touch cover, but I think I would prefer the type cover. I can work with touch cover, but I notice I am still having issues typing. I have been spoiled from using ThinkPad laptops over the years (ThinkPad's have always won awards for their keyboards).

The touch cover is nice and thin, tough....

I would recommend going somewhere that has both, so you can "test drive" each and then make a decision.
    01-27-2014 10:45 PM