Does anyone know? Will VLC for RT add DVD support?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have tried a number of searches, I've even added VLC twitter feed to view what updates and screens were available.

However in all that I have looked at I have not been able to figure out if I could play a DVD via a USB Reader/Writer.

As it stands right now........

I can plug in my LG DVD RW into a Powered USB Hub, the LG shows up like it should, I can eject (open) the device. Now if I put in a CD RW I can not format or write, but I can read and open pictures that were on the disk already.

I also added Cyberlynk PowerDVD Mobile from the app store. Now I can not play a DVD directly in the app, however if I go into the disk via explorer to the video TS folder I can click on video files and they will open in PowerDVD Mobile.
This is a hit and miss way of doing it also as some of the DVD's in my collection would not play at all. I would end up with a message in app File not supported.

Any way, does any one know if VLC RT will support DVD play?

*EDIT* Please do not say RIP the DVD, as I am lazy, and as I have the media already, I am just looking to see if it will be a useful format at some point.
Plus the whole thought of ripping a dvd to me just seems dirty and wrong.....no idea why !!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried asking VLC by tweeting them? I don't think anyone else would know, other than the actual developers.

Yep......No reply. Not that I expect a reply, as I know they are busy. It could end up being a full time job to answer questions.

So that was one reason for a post here, to see if anyone had found info I was not able to.

Anyway I can wait until VLC hits the Store to find out if I have to........I'll just sit in the corner and cross my fingers.

I could always try to start a group of folks to email and request from CyberLink a full DVD Suite........

The ability to burn/backup/play DVD format would be awesome in RT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999