Gaming on the Surface RT.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Alright guys, after playing GTA: SA I've realized how much I miss "real" games. Is there any way to get Minecraft or Runescape to work on my Surface RT? Minecraft is entirely coded in Java so I don't see why not..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, after playing GTA: SA I've realized how much I miss "real" games. Is there any way to get Minecraft or Runescape to work on my Surface RT? Minecraft is entirely coded in Java so I don't see why not..

For that, I believe you would need Java VM compiled for RT, which I don't think exists.
But wait, and then you will likely have to jailbreak it to run stuff in the desktop.

Even then, I don't know if the original RT has enough gaming horsepower to run Minecraft. (Pocket Edition, probably)

As for Runescape, I haven't logged in for years

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
For that, I believe you would need Java VM compiled for RT, which I don't think exists.
But wait, and then you will likely have to jailbreak it to run stuff in the desktop.

Even then, I don't know if the original RT has enough gaming horsepower to run Minecraft. (Pocket Edition, probably)

As for Runescape, I haven't logged in for years
:( Thanks for your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes