Mail app not syncing

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm posting this in the Surface RT forum, because this is happening on my Surface RT, but I've heard of it happening on many other Windows 8 / 8.1 devices as well.

For some reason, my Mail app stopped synchronising emails 18 days ago and there seems to be no fix for it. I've searched other sites but haven't found a solution yet.

I use an outlook.com address, and no other email address. My email works fine on the web portal outlook.com. It works fine on the mail app on my Win 8.1 Dell XPS 12. It works fine on my Lumia 920. It seems to specifically be connected to my Surface for some reason I don't yet understand.

I had quite a bit of the 64GB full, read somewhere that someone had deleted a lot of unnecessary files on C: and it sorted itself out. So I got rid of over 13GB of data, getting about 60% free again - no solution. I've also changed settings like sync intervals, how far backwards to sync (from 2 weeks to 1 week to 1 month, back to 2 weeks) also to no avail.

Feeling a bit annoyed here... I know I can access outlook.com easily, but I do feel that a device should just work. If anyone out there has had any such experience and found a solution, I'd greatly appreciate some guidelines on how to solve it.

Thanks!

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did the re-install of Mail/Calendar/People too. Works for now. I did read that some people di this and it works for a few days, then gets stuck again. Lets see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos