Hello again guys! I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel/podcast, and using my Surface RT as a recording device. However, I don't know any such apps or ways to do so. Any ideas? Thanks!
    03-19-2014 11:03 AM
    Or anything? Please guys?
    04-04-2014 06:49 PM
    Mmmm...

Can't you just use the crappy front camera on the RT for podcasting or videoing\editing for a YT channel?
    I'd most likely just use a phone or better web\video camera for this.

Guess it depends on what kind of quality you'll want for your video uploads.
    Jack Janik likes this.
    04-04-2014 08:38 PM
    Mmmm...

Can't you just use the crappy front camera on the RT for podcasting or videoing\editing for a YT channel?
    I'd most likely just use a phone or better web\video camera for this.

Guess it depends on what kind of quality you'll want for your video uploads.
    What would be a good way to record them on my 920?
    04-07-2014 10:54 AM
    If you record with the surface camera be sure to have some good lighting on you and it won't be bad.
    Low light = grainy video.

The only thing that is really lacking in this device is the camera that is nowhere as good as the modern smartphones.

It seems to work ok for Skype so if you're going to just do a YouTube blog/vlog thing it will be fine.
    Just get before a solid background and have some lighting coming from behind the surface and shining on you.

Good lighting well help this camera.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    04-21-2014 12:23 PM
    oogar.png

The mic is pretty good so if you're doing audio, that'll work fine. When I need to type the minutes of a meeting, I type in Word on one side and sound recorder on the other side. The audio is surprisingly good if in a quiet room. The mic picked up everyone loud and clear!

The default video recorder does 720P and it's fine. Not great but not terrible. Try it out and see if you like it. At the windows lock screen, instead of swiping up to go to the password, swipe down to bring up the camera app. flip to the front camera and record. or run the camera app from the start screen of course.
    04-24-2014 01:04 AM