Has anyone else noticed their Surface (1) acting sluggish after any updates this week?
    My surface is generally very snappy and quick on the web pages I frequently visit.
    The last few days it seems to be behaving very sluggish in IE and the only thing I can think that is different is it asked me to restart a few days ago to apply updates.
    Anyone else have this going on?
    04-25-2014 10:41 PM
    I see this also.

Wanted to say the desktop browser was snappy right after updating.
    Then I noticed today after checking YouTube and WPC on Mobile Nations the browser was definitely back to slow performance.
    I try to use UC browser but it kind of drives me nutz the way it's laid out.
    04-25-2014 11:43 PM
    What updates? Aside from the usual Windows Defender updates, I have not got any updates for anything on my Surface 2. Or, is this only for the original RT - should not be as you say it for IE. Very odd.
    04-26-2014 04:03 AM
    Mine also updated yesterday or Thursday, and I don't notice any slow-down at all based on tests/checks I just did of several sports, music, youtube, and shopping sites. It may be faster, particularly in my ability to start scrolling before certain pages have fully loaded, but it's probably just still fast.
    04-26-2014 03:13 PM
    Try to uninstall the update that was on the 24th and reset IE settings to default in Control Panel-> Internet Options. You could add Easylist or Fanboy to Tracking Protection list in Tools->Manage add-ons to stop ads and speed up IE.
    http://www.fanboy.co.nz/ie.html
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-29-2014 10:33 PM