leave plenty of space to improve speed

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
alright, I have a Surface RT (in addition to my Surface Pro 2) with 32 GB of onboard storage. Plus I have a 64 GB memory card.

My onboard space went down to 2 GB free space and the device completely started to bog down (I noticed it before it got down to 2 GB but at 2 GB it was near unbearable). cleared off unnecessary apps, ran disk cleaner to clear temp files, etc. so that I had 5 GB free. Now it feels like a new device! So make sure you have enough space on your drive C: for Windows to work!

I love my SP2 dearly. But after all this time, I still gravitate toward the Surface RT as my daily driver for work because the battery lasts all day, the device is so light (great for when on the road), and Office runs great. I hope they find a way to get web browsing to be faster (though I resigned myself to thinking that Tegra 3 is just too old/slow for fast web browsing).

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can also try to clear some old system restore points , disk cleanup and clearing ie history :smile: I have heard that windows 8.1 update 1 manages to free up some space ?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
alright, I have a Surface RT (in addition to my Surface Pro 2) with 32 GB of onboard storage. Plus I have a 64 GB memory card.

My onboard space went down to 2 GB free space and the device completely started to bog down (I noticed it before it got down to 2 GB but at 2 GB it was near unbearable). cleared off unnecessary apps, ran disk cleaner to clear temp files, etc. so that I had 5 GB free. Now it feels like a new device! So make sure you have enough space on your drive C: for Windows to work!

I love my SP2 dearly. But after all this time, I still gravitate toward the Surface RT as my daily driver for work because the battery lasts all day, the device is so light (great for when on the road), and Office runs great. I hope they find a way to get web browsing to be faster (though I resigned myself to thinking that Tegra 3 is just too old/slow for fast web browsing).
You can improve browsing speed by adding EasyList to the "Tracking Protection List" in IE settings. (that'll prevent ads from being downloaded and run). You can also visit the mobile version of sites that don't require the "full desktop experience". These two changes help improve browser performance and battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes