Lost auto orientation

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, has anyone had this? A few weeks ago, I locked the screen orientation in landscape mode - via the settings charm.

Now, my settings charm no longer brings up the option "screen", but "brightness", with a totally different icon.

When I go into change pc settings / PC and devices / Display, I can change the orientation manually, but cannot choose any kind of auto orientation anymore.

Is it possible that the accelerometer has somehow been disabled??

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
first thing to try is to reboot the system. my friend did that and it fixed her machine.

the second thing is to make sure the orientation isn't locked.

other than that, do a refresh of the system. super easy on the Surface RT since you don't have to worry about desktop programs. all other programs are integrated or in your purchase history.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
first thing to try is to reboot the system. my friend did that and it fixed her machine.

the second thing is to make sure the orientation isn't locked.

other than that, do a refresh of the system. super easy on the Surface RT since you don't have to worry about desktop programs. all other programs are integrated or in your purchase history.
Late reply, sorry. The reboot worked fine. Somehow the function just disappeared and reappeared...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss