I was wondering if anyone has ever painted the back metal housing and kickstand of their RT? Mine has started chipping and I would like to do something about it. Thanks.
    06-10-2014 09:44 AM
    If it still under warrantee you can exchange it! I bought an RT 64gb on ebay for $160 with shipping. Only major problem was that the special paint was chipped off in three places each about the size of two quarters side by side. Looked ugly, so I bought one of the sicker coverings for about 3 bucks I think. I had read too many conflicting reports about warrantee coverage. So on a hunch I checked to see if the tablet had any warrantee left. Super Bonus the folks I bought it from had gotten it around December 2013, and never registered it. So I registered it under my name, called MSC and asked whether the paint coming off was a warantee item and lo and behold it was and I was able to get it exchanged for a spanking new one, not a refurb as I expected, but new. The one I bought belonged to the guys wife and the ijiot had managed to scratch the glass a little bit but thankfully her biggest neglect was scratching of the back. Now I got a new Surface RT 64gb no scratches on glass and pristine!

My advice get one of those nice stickers if not under warrantee. I put mine back on it for extra protection even though I have it in a pu leather cover. The one I got is texture dark blue with the Microsoft flag on the lower panel like the tablet has in the back. feels nice, no fingerprint or finger acid affecting the tablet. I also insist my wife wears golves when she picks it up!...No am kidding on the last one! lol Shes actually not allowed to play with my toys, I got her a laptop on ebay real cheap too!

SO check that warrantee, if no good, then get a sticker skin to pretty it up.
    06-12-2014 03:28 PM