If anyone is interested in my views on the Surface RT, i've made a sort of farewell review video as I'm going to be selling it this week :(
    All in the name of Surface Pro 3
    06-18-2014 03:11 PM
    I found that after I got the type cover, the RT became a whole lot better from a usability perspective. The ability to run Remote Desktop to get to anything I need is great - You can also 'stream' apps to this if you have a server infrastructure behind it (Windows Home Server would allow for this - even over the internet)

I am getting the SP3 on Friday (I've pre-ordered) but I will still keep my RT tablet

Honestly, I think I've convinced my friend to get the Surface 2 (RT) as she wants a tablet that she can also do real work on - the inclusion of Office and the slightly higher res screen (and miracast) makes the Surface 2 the perfect choice for her - i'm going to lend her my RT tablet to check out - and already told her the newer one is better than mine

The only thing that this really lacked for me is the pen/ink support (it's super crap) and it can get sluggish on occasion, oh and a complete lack of major VPN support is what really kills the RT/ARM platform from being really something I would recommend without hesitation.
    06-18-2014 05:55 PM