Hello, I am trying to download Apps like Twitter, Facebook anything really and I keep getting the same problem, I am told I can not download them, at one point I got the error message 0x80073cf0 saying "Your purchase couldn't be completed" and when I click retry I get "This app wasn't installed - view details" and nothing really happens after that, I turned my Surface on and off and that did nothing. =(
    07-17-2014 12:21 PM
    Have you gone through the series of updates and restarts on your new, used RT? Are you now running 8.1? It should be downloading apps without issues, and new apps should appear -marked as new- in the lower section of your home screen along with all your other apps. I never experienced this on two (new) RTs -on neither 8.0 nor 8.1. If you live near a Microsoft Store, they'll troubleshoot it and even fix the fixable. Good luck getting past this.
    07-17-2014 12:36 PM
    Have you gone through the series of updates and restarts on your new, used RT? Are you now running 8.1? It should be downloading apps without issues, and new apps should appear -marked as new- in the lower section of your home screen along with all your other apps. I never experienced this on two (new) RTs -on neither 8.0 nor 8.1. If you live near a Microsoft Store, they'll troubleshoot it and even fix the fixable. Good luck getting past this.
    Just after posting this thread I noticed OneDrive was still being called SkyDrive on my Surface, so I have started updating my Surface as we speak, could this be the cause of not being able to download anything?
    07-17-2014 01:46 PM
    Also, I am not even able to update apps that are pre-installed to the Surface like, News, Weather, Skype. etc.
    07-17-2014 01:49 PM
    Go through all the OS updates first, then try installing, updating apps.

The last time I reset my RT, I ran into the same issue. Only after I did all the OS updates, was I able to install, update any of the apps.
    07-17-2014 02:34 PM
    Go through all the OS updates first, then try installing, updating apps.

The last time I reset my RT, I ran into the same issue. Only after I did all the OS updates, was I able to install, update any of the apps.
    I just installed all updates and still have the problem
    07-17-2014 03:12 PM
    Try the following from a "Command prompt (Admin)"
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If that doesn't work, I hate to recommend this, but try one more reset, with the secure wipe (the long one, as this will find any bad spots in the SSD). Do all the OS updates first, then try downloading Store apps. You may not want to log in with a Microsoft account during the setup (that is use a local account), till after all the OS updates are done.
    07-19-2014 11:00 AM