Surface RT display wake up

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
About once a day it will occur that when I press the power button to wake up my Surface RT the display will not come on. I can press the Windows button and feel the vibration so I know it's powered on but the screen does not wake.

I can hold the power button until it powers off and there is no vibration when pressing the Windows button. Then I can power the Surface RT back on. This has worked without fail to get it usable again. This doesn't happen all the time either, just relatively frequently.

Anyone know what might be causing this or if there is a fix?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't know of a fix, but I can say that I've experienced this every once in a while from day one with my Surface RT. I've had mine since the first month they were available, and since then, it has happened maybe once or twice a month. Never really bothered me too much though.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Happens on my Surface 2 also. If I charge over night, take it off in the morning and try to use it an hour later I have to hold power button for 10 seconds.

If I factory reset the S2 it's fine for a couple of weeks but then it comes back. Happening almost every day now...
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_935 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Omar Cardona

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry to hear about your issue. Now I some good news and bad news possibly. I used to experience this and it was quite annoying but one day it stopped doing it. It hasn't happens to me in over a year.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be caused by running a buggy app. Every time I run RDIO, my Surface does this the next morning. It doesn't do it any other time, ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon