Update download time taking long time

Lou_XD23

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Just got my surface rt yesterday and had to do some updates (32 or 93) before downloading Windows 8.1. I started the process at 12 am (Pacific time). By 3:30 am I touched my keyboard and it went on the "surface" screen with the dots moving at the bottom of screen. It's still doing that now. Is this normal?? Thanks

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of queued up firmware updates no doubt among all those listed, so I suggest you leave the tablet plugged in (in case the battery runs low) and let it do its thing without interrupting.

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It took at least one day for update to Windows RT 8, then I used a USB drive to backup the recovery partition (for Windows RT 8), but I did not remove or delete the partition, then I clicked the store to update to Windows RT 8.1, then another day to update that... in all three days, I then also used another USB drive to backup the recovery partition (for Windows RT 8.1)... The only thing Apple/WebOS did better was use a App (ITunes/Doctor) to bring it to the latest and greatest... Why could they not update the Store with the latest (they can slipstream the patches in)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise