How do you remove an email account on mail app [ Surface RT ]?

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I need advice on how to remove an email account in the mail app on win rt, I already realise that selecting an account from settings brings up options and if scrolled to the bottom, delete account is available

However that seems to only apply to email accounts that are still available and live

I decided to kill off a Google email address and after I had done so using my pc I returned to my surface rt to delete the now killed off Google account but I cant, the mail app appears to want to connect to the account to check for settings and any options it may have, if the account has already been deleted then the mail app just throws up a box with trying to connect to service and basically gives no other options !! So I am left with a dead account in mail that at the moment I can't seem to remove ??

Any ideas or suggestions please on how to remove an email account from win rt mail app that has been deleted at its source

Ace Parsley

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I don't suppose you've found out how to remove denoted account have you?

I've got the same "Ball Ache" of an issues, as my mails linked to both my other laptops it's on those too!

If you've got the solution and the time please may I have it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

dr3x

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Basically what you need to do is to temporarily disable your network connection before you can get to the settings page for the account you want to remove. On a laptop or mobile device, go into airplane mode. For a desktop, disconnect/disable your network cable and/or your wifi.

Then when it attempts to sync the account, cancel out. You may have to try this a couple different ways, exit out of the app and then come back in. Eventually it will determine that it can't sync and show the account as offline, then you will be able to access the settings for the account by sliding in from the right and then selecting Settings - Accounts (or if you have a mouse, pointing to the top right corner and then pulling down)

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
An "extreme" option (if all else fails) is to delete the (metro) Email app before reinstalling it, however this'll mean you'll have to reinstall the accounts you need, although its a bit rash it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb