Stream Playlist From Desktop?

Xarcell

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to stream my music on my desktop to my Surface RT. I can find and play songs through the home network, but how do I play the playlists? Is there a way to import the playlist? How can I avoid downloading massive GB to my Surface RT, and rebuilding (yet again) my playlists?

FYI, I'm not interested in using the cloud either, simply because I don't want to pay for additional storage. In fact, I don't want to spend anymore money. I'm tired of these money pits where I have to buy the same song or movie for each device that I have because everything is sandboxed.

Thanks.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How about remote desktop and just operate your desktop through your RT. A VPN setup is supposed to work also but I have not done that yet because I don't leave my desktop running.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You could install the Plex server on your desktop then use Plex in the browser or the Windows App to stream the music across your network. I think Plex will sync playlists as well from some media applications, but I haven't used it much for music, mostly just video. You could also use something like Google Music to upload your music to and manage playlists there. The disadvantage for when you're at home is that is that it'll be streaming from the internet. It's useful for when you're out though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss