Seeking recommendation for screen protector

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
What is the best product for Surface RT screen protection and where can I buy it. I've heard of something called "glass" but don't remember the exact name.
Also, is there a special stylus pen for Surface ?
I have one for my android tablet, but its tip is like a bloated eraser. Calling it a " pen " is a stretch, and it does not work too well either.
Thank you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're looking for Tempered Glass. They are very nice products. I love them on phones, but have never installed one on a tablet. Just never found one at the time of owning a tablet they make them for.

Do a search on eBay and Amazon for "<model name> tempered glass" and you'll find some if they are out there.

Check YouTube for some videos of how it protects. I think you'll like it.

Surface does have it's own pen. They are proprietary and only work on Surface. It is a fine tip and not at all like the squashy pad type.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Tempered Glass is incredible for tablets too, however I have yet to see one for the Surface RT. But if you find one then great! They are quite easy to install.

The proprietary Surface branded pens do not work on the RT. The RT will support any capacitive stylus (aka mimics fingertips). The RT does not support an active stylus so your options are limited to those that "feel like a bloated eraser" unfortunately.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Is Surface Pro RT 2 same screen size as Surface RT ?
Found tempered glass from eBay, but it is for Surface Pro RT 2.

There is no such thing as a Surface Pro RT 2 lol

And while yes the screen safe all the same size however I believe the sensors and cameras slid around a bit so the holes may not be cut out correctly.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Against better judgement, I went ahead and bought one via eBay, and I don't even have my Surface rt delivered yet.
I did it because shipment may take more than a month. Seller is in China.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Keep us posted on how you like it! Cheers!

The glass finally arrives.
It is the correct type, applicable to RT.
Works very well.
I am a bit clumsy in installing and messed up the inside which has silicone adhesive. So I washed it hair-dried it and reapplied. The final result is not perfect but it was my fault.

Repeat, this one is for Surface RT.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Adding................
The glass has the underside coated with silicone adhesive. It is protected by a sheet which one has to peeled off when installing the glass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99