Uservoice suggestion about letting Windows RT users opt-in to upgrade to W10 Mobile

Kiba85

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, following yesterday's rumors I created a suggestion on Uservoice, asking for an optional upgrade path from Windows RT to Windows 10 Mobile. This way people could choose on their own if they want to stay with Windows RT or upgrade to W10 Mobile to take advantage of universal apps, while losing some features like multiuser and full Office. Please vote if you agree, even if the chances are little I think it's worth a try. Thanks!
https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...r-an-optional-upgrade-path-from-windows-rt-to

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Universal apps is going to be vaporware, IMO. I'd rather that Microsoft unlock the RT-based Surface devices so that we can install alternative operating systems on them.

Mi Lo

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Id like to see that Jude Remix OS ported to the Surface. After all they already copied the case design. Any one seen it yet? I did the kickstarter for their mini pc for $40. Looks promising.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Id like to see that Jude Remix OS ported to the Surface. After all they already copied the case design. Any one seen it yet? I did the kickstarter for their mini pc for $40. Looks promising.
Jide Remix OS. Absolutely. Since support (in the various ways that MS defines that) for Windows RT will end in about 2 years, it would make sense for them to "unlock" the Surface RT/2 to allow 3rd party OSes.

But that will never happen.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Jide Since support (in the various ways that MS defines that) for Windows RT will end in about 2 years....
Not sure how you're defining your own terms, Jeepman. I've been running Windows RT 8.1 since the 2013 update: that support lifecycle began in late 2013 and has been announced as ending 1 October 2023, along with the rest of Windows 8. I'm committed to start preparing in 2022. :straight:

Bing for the announcement or support info, or I can post a link.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo