Anyone else have theses Issues (x 2)

Capn

May 19, 2015
Visit site
So I have had my RT for over a year now, and I still love the device. However, I have started to experience the following issues (which are resolved temporarily by rebooting):

Issue 1: Menu options do not display in Start menu
AzlYZyz.png

As you can see, there are no menu options appearing when the Start menu is selected (I do have the option of "Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen" enabled via Taskbar and Start Menu Properties

I am able to search for items and see the items displays. I am also able to "select" an item from the start menu, I just don't know what I am selecting. So the options are THERE, just not being displayed.

Issue 2: Address bar disappears in Metro IE
6QihZvK.png

Again, I am able to type in where the address bar is, but nothing displays.

I am unable to reproduce the issues consistently. It does seem to happen after time with having a video play (on youtube, netflix, Videos,etc..)

If I reboot, everything comes back to normal, until time passes (could be hours.. could be days) and it re-appears.

Went to the Microsoft store, wasn't able to reproduce the issue at hand, so no solution was offered.

Anyone have any ideas or have experienced this?

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ran into the opposite of issue two, where my bottom bar will take up two thirds of the screen. The only way I've been able to fix it is to restart the Surface or sometimes just long close the ie.

I think both of these issues are related to the half attempt they threw at Windows RT in the last major update to make it look a little more like Windows 10 without pushing it to Windows 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos