Surface Pro 4 clone at a great value to $ price point.

• Liquid cooled, fanless design
    • Core i5-6200U (6th gen Skylake) with HD 520 integrated graphics
    • 8GB DDR3 RAM
    • Kingston 256GB SATA SSD
    • 2160 x 1440 IPS LCD 10 point multitouch display, 3:2 aspect, Synaptics digitizer for stylus support
    • Acer Stylus w/ 256 levels of pressure included
    • Detachable Keyboard, backlit - a near 1:1 Surface Pro 4 clone
    • Multiple angle kickstand, up to 165 degrees
    • 1x USB Type C, 1x USB 3.0, 3.5mm audio, stereo speakers, microSD slot
    • Dual Band ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, accelerometer, compass, gyro, ambient light sensor
    • 4870 mAh (37 Wh) Li-Ion battery, 45 W ultrabook style charger outputs 19v 2.3a
    • Windows 10 Home. 64 bit

MSRP is $799, B&H Photo has it for $574... Consider the same site is selling the Core i3, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD without stylus for $599. Surface Pro, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD is msrp @ $1299. You begin to see where the value/$ ratio is...

Free expedited shipping. Ordered mine on a Friday morning and received it Tuesday afternoon. It is just a couple dollars cheaper from one seller on Amazon, but their free shipping is estimated 10 days and I trust B&H Photo 1000% for customer support and service.

Price keeps dropping and is down to $549.00
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 10-16-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:32 AM
    Price went up... By 95 cents, LOL.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-19-2017 04:10 PM
    OK... price dropped to $562.46...
    09-20-2017 03:21 PM
    Price dropped again to $559.95...

B&H really wants you to get one of these. I have a feeling they need the shelf niche in their warehouse and want to blow out the last few units.

I could not be happier with mine. The Acer "Liquid Loop" keeps the Core i5 running cool without fan noise. That alone might be worth the price of admission. Add in that you get 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD (NOT eMMC) for less than $600 and it is a true bargain. Screen is nice, pen is nice, backlit keyboard is great, USB Type C even. What more do you want? A similar spec Surface Pro 2017 costs $1300 for crying in the mud.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    09-25-2017 09:19 AM
    Price dropped again to $559.95...

B&H really wants you to get one of these. I have a feeling they need the shelf niche in their warehouse and want to blow out the last few units.

I could not be happier with mine. The Acer "Liquid Loop" keeps the Core i5 running cool without fan noise. That alone might be worth the price of admission. Add in that you get 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD (NOT eMMC) for less than $600 and it is a true bargain. Screen is nice, pen is nice, backlit keyboard is great, USB Type C even. What more do you want? A similar spec Surface Pro 2017 costs $1300 for crying in the mud.
    I think Acer missed the boat on this one by not having some more pen stuff. Still a good deal.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-26-2017 08:36 AM
    I'm soooo tempted to pull the trigger on this. The only reason I'm hesitant, and why I'm leaning more towards a Surface Pro, is because I fear Acer won't have any keyboard replacements in a year or so. At least with the Surface line, I could get a (rather expensive) keyboard replacement either through MS or another vendor. But I did a quick look and I couldn't find a replacement Acer keyboard anywhere. Granted, I didn't try very hard. Still, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Acer keyboards being in rare supply within a year.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-04-2017 01:24 PM
    @HeyCori

Honestly, I had not thought about it. Is it a common problem? The keyboard seems pretty well made to me.

I did a quick search and easily found this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=HGcJCYXu
    HeyCori likes this.
    10-05-2017 09:34 AM
    FWIW, I am still really, really digging my Switch Alpha 12.

I added a fingerprint dongle to the USB 3.0 port. This one, although it seems out of production. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Any similar one should work and I love mine. Stores up to 10 fingerprints and defaults to a 10 digit PIN as a backup.

Expanded the storage with a couple of Samsung products:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the power of the Type C port to broaden my choices with this hub: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already had a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse and a packet of Liquid Glass for the screen. Also some assorted Type C to and from whatever dongles to help convert between micro/A/C ports.

It's a bit modular with the add ons, but I only plug in what I need and can pack it all away in a pretty conveniently sized package. It runs circles around my Dell Core i3, 4GB RAM touchscreen laptop. I've no issues using it for a daily driver. Got it all prepped for an overseas trip and I believe I made a smart choice with this one. Fast boot and program load times, very nice screen w/ great touch response, decent pen, great typing experience and lots of expandability. No regrets on my end.
    HeyCori likes this.
    10-05-2017 09:53 AM
    @HeyCori

Honestly, I had not thought about it. Is it a common problem? The keyboard seems pretty well made to me.

I did a quick search and easily found this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=HGcJCYXu
    From the reviews I read, the keyboard is pretty well made. I definitely wouldn't expect it to break anytime soon. But you never know. Despite our best intentions, sometimes pricey electronics fall. >.<

In the end I will probably end up getting a more traditional laptop (or likely a 2-in-1 that I mostly use as a laptop). I'm in the mood for something I can do some heavy duty typing on. I've been eyeballin the Lenovo 720 at Best Buy. It has everything I would need including an 128 SSD, USB 3.1, and even a fingerprint reader. However, Best Buy is doing a deal until Saturday where everyday they have 3 different laptops on sale. I'm waiting to see what appears between the next two days.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-05-2017 08:20 PM
    Price dropped again to $549.00.
    10-16-2017 09:12 AM
    These be gone...

Mods, you can archive this thread, please and thank you.
    12-23-2017 05:33 AM