http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wm6-sux/f...ery-292281.php

I just got my hands on the first Moto Q9m, and after a couple of hours, I'm ready to send it right back. Seriously, if you buy this phone, you are dumb.
    My sole complaint about the article was their not differentiating between the different versions of WM6, before they begin trashing the phone and its UI.
    08-24-2007 02:54 AM
    I'd had mixed hopes for the new UI, but I'm not surprised that it's sub-par. It's hard to build a UI that's pretty and that works -- add in limiting it to just whatever Verizon wants you to have and you have a recipe for crap. At least you can turn it off.

Otherwise, yes, not entirely fair. On the other hand, it does raise a good point about "initial experience," which was supposedly what Microsoft has been focusing on a lot lately. I seem to recall something about a philosophy of 5s - first 5 minutes, first 5 days, something like that..

We'll get a Q9M next week, IIRC. Will definitely be writing about it on the FP.
    08-24-2007 10:26 AM
    The new Q9m will also be available soon through Sprint. Ditch the VCast, a single song only costs 99 cents at Sprint.
    08-26-2007 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD