Enable aGPS assistance-servers on Q9C

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
From StarmanDX at SU

The GPS as shipped on the Q9c is great but it doesn't have (for whatever reason) Sprint's GPS assistance server configured, so if you're inside, or the first time you want to get a signal, it can take a while.

Dial ##073887*, hit send, enter your MSL*, and then hit H (GPS Settings) and enter 68.28.31.49 for the IP address and 5017 for the port number.

This configures the phone to use Sprint's position assistance server and makes GPS-enabled apps work much more quickly during the initial setup.
*Note: the setting stick but are reset when you go back into the menu, so you just to trust that when you enter them and exit, they save to the system ;-)

Note #2: MSL = Master Subsidy Lock = definition . You need to call Sprint to get if you did not write it down when you activated the phone. Good luck.

adma84

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
First off, thanks so much for this information! Secondly, as I don't know my MSL, I will have to contact Sprint.

What would a good justification to them be for asking for the MSL? Wouldn't it be in Sprint's best interest to withhold that information from me? Thank you!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
First off, thanks so much for this information! Secondly, as I don't know my MSL, I will have to contact Sprint.

What would a good justification to them be for asking for the MSL? Wouldn't it be in Sprint's best interest to withhold that information from me? Thank you!
It is tricky...

This usually works:
  • You took your phone to a Sprint store and they need your MSL to reprogram part of the phone
  • Tell them that you are trying to change your user name within the settings on your phone and the phone is requiring the MSL code
  • Just ask, sometimes they give it
  • Say you are developing application for the phone
Doesn't work, say "thank you" and try again ;)

GL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05