Unlocked Q9H on T Mobile

jdwigg#WP

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
I just recently purchased an unlocked Q9H on Ebay. I have T Mobile service and have used the configurator to set the device up. All is working well except for the fact that I can not use the preloaded IM software on the device. It tells me that the server is temporarily unavailable(code 500). Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have to use third party software for IM? Thanks

mvierling

May 19, 2008
Visit site
I just recently purchased an unlocked Q9H on Ebay. I have T Mobile service and have used the configurator to set the device up. All is working well except for the fact that I can not use the preloaded IM software on the device. It tells me that the server is temporarily unavailable(code 500). Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have to use third party software for IM? Thanks

It is my understanding that unlocked or not, the preloaded IM apps on the Q9h are specifically programmed for AT&T's network (US models anyway). The reason being is so they can apply texting rates to IM usage. All you need to do is download a 3rd party IM app (i.e. Windows Live Messenger available from XDA-DEVS). 3rd party IM apps use your data plan instead of your texting plan.

You may or may not be able to reconfigure the built-in IM app to work on TMobile. Maybe someone else can help out here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos