MotQ9c wont sync w/ ActiveSync 4.5

total007

May 17, 2008
Visit site
Windows Pro SP2
Dell Latitude D600, two (2) functioning laptop USB2 ports
ActiveSync 4.5

My MotQ9c won't sync using either built in USB2 ports on my Dell Latitude D600 laptop. I've reinstalled ActiveSync 4.5 several times. Here's the scenario that I'm experiencing. MotQ9c is recognized by WinXP Pro SP2 once I connect it to the USB2 port but the ActiveSync doesn't 'see' the device. Even under Device Manager I don't see a "Motorola Q9c" or even anything closely resembling it.
What can I do (short of reinstalling the WinXP OS, which I won't do!) do debug this issue or resolve it?
1) I have replaced the cable that came with the MotQ9c phone also.
2) I have attempted to attach the MotQ9c at cold boot time, but the system hangs before the login screen.
3) I have attempted to attach the MotQ9c after I receive the login screen and I don't get to the desktop.
4) Each time I connect the MotQ9c after bootup, the system recognizes the new device but I can't get the sync'g to go forward.
5) I have used the two (2) USB2 ports recently so I know that they are functional.
6) Additionally, I've tried a Belkin USB card for the PC-slot but I still can't get the sync'g to work.
Otherwise, laptop, OS and all applications work fine!!
Pointers etc. helpful!!!!
TIA
T-007

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
have you turned off advanced network functionality? Settings > Connections > USB to PC > UNCHECK that box.

Other than that, try updating to SP3(?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa