First Time WinMobile User from Blackberry need some help please

njt462

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Greetings, my name is Nick long time Blackberry user here first time WinMobile user.

I enjoy trying out and see what each platform of smart-phone has to offer. Blackberry I have been with for a long time and gets the most usage. Palm was not me at all sorry not trying to be sexist here but it totally struck me as a chicks phone. LOL Android phones were we won't go there they have a long way to come and in my mind should not be on the market yet. LOL

So now it is time to give Windows Mobile a try and see. I came across a good Motorola Q9c that has a clean ESN it has Win6.1 on it. My number one question right out the gate is with Blackberry you are able to do simple software updates to your device to move forward with the new goodies.
How, where, or is it even possible to upgrade this Motorola Q9c to Win6.5 and later on the new Win7 coming out, or is Win phones stock OS' and that is all you have to buy new devices to get the new OS.

I hope someone can help me on this venture of trying to get Win6.5 on here.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I'm Nick and I'm a WindowsMobile user. :)

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello Nick... karelj, Q9H user here.

I'm afraid that the Q9 series are stuck at WinMo 6.1
Motorola discontinued the Q series and did not create a 6.5 ROM for these phones. There have been a few hardy souls trying to patch a 6.5 ROM for these phones but so far no success.
The upcoming Win 7 is a definite no go. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Despite that, your Q is running 6.1 and you should find it a pleasant enough experience. WinMo has gotten an unfair rap, people don't realize that it was never a true consumer based OS.
I hope I am not breaking any protocols here, but head over to www.everythingwm.com - there is still an active Q9 community over there and you ill get your Q tricked out and modded to your satisfaction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss