The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-22-2018 03:14 AM
1,122 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Hi, new here.
    I'm Kami, from Utah. Have a Lumia 920, first windows phone I've ever had, and for the most part I love it. Interests include Skiing, Shopping, Halo, Gears of War, most 1st person shooter games, movies, etc...
    New to foruming:)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2013 11:55 AM
    Hi, new here.
    I'm Kami, from Utah. Have a Lumia 920, first windows phone I've ever had, and for the most part I love it. Interests include Skiing, Shopping, Halo, Gears of War, most 1st person shooter games, movies, etc...
    New to foruming:)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2013 11:56 AM
    Good evening, all. Or, in appreciation that 90%+ here are in the USA, good morning/afternoon.

Having used various 'smartphones' over the years - Sony Ericsson M600i & P1i and more recently BlackBerry 9700 & 9900 Bolds (and a miscellany of other non-smartphones over the years beforehand), I don't yet qualify as a Windows Phone user. However, I am teetering on the edge of jumping in the next few days rather than sticking with BlackBerry - either Q10 or Z10.

So, here I am to say hello.

Age - 57

Location - UK - 10 miles or so from Basingstoke, North Hampshire

Employed as - Litigation Executive (at least until .gov.uk destroys my very existence)

Passion - cycling, road - especially up hill, and my camera (Canon EOS 7D) and the photographs I take for ME.

Pleased to meet you all.
    Last edited by Vertego; 10-05-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    10-04-2013 03:37 PM
    Hi all,

this is yet another guy from Germany. I am a Java software developer producing enterprise applications you all love

WPCentral seems to be an active community of phone enthusiasts; I have already learned a lot by reading some of the posts, thanks everyone!

Just converted from iPhone 4S to Lumia 925. What a great phone! I am still struggling a bit with the contacts/calendar synchronization. Apart from that I find the OS is covering most of my requirements and is very easy to use. If you are bored, you can read some notes about my migration here.

Best regards!
    10-05-2013 01:17 PM
    Hello from the Philippines! say hi to my 720! such a photogenic phone!

taken using an ipad. haha!
    10-12-2013 11:39 AM
    Hey guys. I've rocked a Berry for about 10 years. Still love it. However, I got one of the super screaming deal Lumia 521.

After only 1 week... I absolutely love it.

I've used an Android as a backup for years. I tried an iPhone 4s for a few months. Just could not like it enough to say it's a great business AND a great personal phone.
    I run a few companies in the Sports Production business and I travel a bit. I'm really impressed that the WP8 has such nice PEOPLE and BUSINESS hubs. Great integration. I love the live tiles, and the harmony the phone brings.

Want to REALLY test a communication machine? Have 34 people call you in 4 hours, post to LinkedIn three times, find a place for lunch, have your phone take you there, and make the reservation.... then find plane reservations, book them, get a rental car, handle 50 or so emails, and text a few people. If you can do this seamlessly and elegantly, you have a great smart phone.

When THAT kind of heat is on, the phone I always needed was my BlackBerry, because it just worked. iOS and Droid made me sweat under that kind of pressure.

The 521 performed admirably. Hold the LEFT BACK ARROW and voila! You have all your apps/screens still there ready to rock. People HUB humming along..... OFFICE hub giving me the details of a Venue I'm producing, and, NOTE and SCHEDULE reminding me of my obligations. I'm a believer! :)

Now, Give me NOBEX Auto Contact Capture, and an App as good as "BlackBerry Travel" that AUTOMATICALLY captures your travel arrangements via scanning emails and I'll be in heaven. I'd also like an easy way to TOUCH and HOLD a new number or person and have the option to add them to contacts. Can't figure that one out yet.

Net, net, glad to be a WP8 owner. It works for me.
    10-12-2013 09:43 PM
    Hi..I am Akshay from India...using Lumia 720 since last 3 months...been here on WPC since last ten crazy days with updates and all...l720 is my first smartphone if you don't count the Symbian ones and I absolutely love my phone and WP and W8.1too....off topic I want to change my username on WPC and so far just not finding anyways to do it..can anyone help me with this...thanks...cheers ...enjoy...
    10-20-2013 03:53 PM
    Hi..I am Akshay from India...using Lumia 720 since last 3 months...been here on WPC since last ten crazy days with updates and all...l720 is my first smartphone if you don't count the Symbian ones and I absolutely love my phone and WP and W8.1too....off topic I want to change my username on WPC and so far just not finding anyways to do it..can anyone help me with this...thanks...cheers ...enjoy...
    Welcome to WPCentral. Sounds like you enjoy your phone as much as most of us do here at WPC. Not sure about your name change, but I am sure someone, perhaps a Mod, can help you.

Cheers!
    akshaypn likes this.
    10-21-2013 05:42 PM
    Well my names is "Anonymous_India"

I want to remain anonymous to the community(have my own reasons),well I am from India(as evident from the name!) and I am a CIVIL ENGINEER but now trying to get into the "STEEL FRAME" of india i.e CIVIL SERVICES.
    Regarding WP,I have a Lumia 720(Black) and I am lovin'it because of many reasons---
    1-Productivity,yes it helps me a lot in my studies,I use nextgenreader to read all sort of stuffs and that too in a cleaner way.
    2-Games,yesterday got chance to download lots of games(all angry birds titles) so I am very happy
    3-Camera,I never knew a camera can be so awesome,when I installed "IMAGINE CAM" and took a pic with a shutter speed of 4sec,I was amazed to see the brightness of the nightsky
    4-Music,Thanks to NOKIA MUSIC i have some of the songs which i always wanted
    5-Overall clutterless OS makes me feel unique when i am with my droid pals

I know WP8 has some issues due to which people make fun of it but its in its nascent stage,let it evolve and in some times to come you will have a full grown OS that will outshine others
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-27-2013 09:44 AM
    why no't go for prepare for Hallowma
    10-31-2013 01:22 AM
    why no't go for prepare for Hallowma
    Well said, bro.
    10-31-2013 09:00 AM
    I'm a first time WP8 user. Tried Android and I absolutely hated it. I initially became interested in WP8 when the Lumia 810 & 822 were released. I loved the simplistic look to them. I tried the 822 for 2 weeks and I fell in love with it. I had to return it because I could not afford it. Since then I have purchased the 810 device even knowing that T-Mobile has it EOL. Though, gotta say I love this phone. I'm a music junkie and a technology enthusiast. I like being in the wilderness. My interests are music, psychology, environmental preservation and writing poetry. Let the Lumia's live on and hello to ALL!!!
    11-02-2013 11:03 PM
    hola, Im Ian, 620, love the phone, and the OS, but if they failed to upgrade all wp8 device with 8.1, im done with microsoft and nokia products, who are with me xD
    DuncanBishop likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:19 AM
    Hi there to the forum!
    My first name is jim.
    Been around for a very long time.

New windows phone person here.
    Bought the T-Mobile Lumia 521 from Amazon three weeks ago.
    Can't say enough good things about the phone and the deal
    This Nokia is my first smartphone.
    I want to upgrade already!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    11-04-2013 02:05 PM
    Hello Guys..my real name is kenny,but since high school my friends call me kennyG..
    I just love reading and writing about tech..cars,phones,tablets..I hit google plus every now and then.
    I work for a major consumer electronics company...Life is good.
    I just bought my first windows phone and now...I'm hooked! Coming from a SG4..to a basic N520.
    I just love the little phone works so good..surprised me really.
    Anywho..I'm here to learn what I can about the windows phone ecosystem and help other noobies like me :)
    11-05-2013 09:50 AM
  16. Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo's Avatar
    Hi im new here ...i hope i can find support in here. Im a proud owner of a buggy L720 on gdr2/Amber. Hello to everyone... ;)
    11-09-2013 04:22 PM
    hey it's me Yogesh Sharma from India
    i am a video game designer and 3d Modeler
    i love my #Lumia520 alot & love photography too
    hello to everyone

Be Lumia Be Different

wp_20131109_005.jpg
    dznk likes this.
    11-10-2013 02:02 AM
    hey it's me Yogesh Sharma from India
    i am video game designer and 3d Modeler
    i love my #Lumia520 alot & love photography

Be Lumia Be Different

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131109_005.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	49254
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral. That's a great picture!
    yogeshgamerz likes this.
    11-10-2013 02:04 AM
    thank you
    11-10-2013 02:30 AM
    Hello, everyone!

My name is Peter. I live in London, Ontario in Canada. After about four years as a BlackBerry user (my first smartphone was a Bold 9000), I bought a second-hand Lumia 920 one week ago. I've been lurking for a few weeks, and I've already learned a lot from this community. I'm looking forward to learning much more and contributing myself in the future.
    yogeshgamerz likes this.
    11-11-2013 08:33 PM
    Hi, just got my first windows phone, a Nokia 925 and I like both the look and size of the phone. After having iPhones up to the 4s then moving to android with the galaxy note, note 2, xperia z, S4 and then to a xperia z1 which I still have the move to windows is somewhat of a shock. So far the only thing I don't like is the fact that if I'm on some websites I can't go back to the last page I was on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-18-2013 04:55 AM
    I am Jason Basalo. New to WP add me up in xbox live. gamertag: Jason Basalo. LOL. Thank you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-19-2013 11:56 PM
    Hi,
    I am Pramod from New York US. A bit late to the smartphone world, I finally bought my first smartphone, a Nokia Lumia 920, two weeks back. Its been great till now and I love my phone. Only complain is a very erratic battery but I suppose it would settle down soon after some use. Since last two weeks I have been browsing through wpcentral and loved it for some great articles and nice tips in forums. Keep up the good work guys, its my daily source of news for the windows phone as well as my Lumia 920!

Thanks
    11-20-2013 03:51 PM
    Hey guys and gals,

I'm Chris. Long time smart phone user. My first was an Audiovox 6600. Since then, I've used nearly every phone OS out there. Recently I was on a Galaxy Note that died. Then a Blackberry. I decided I missed a touch screen, and saw the Lumia 521 price tag at Walmart. So I went on Tuesday to get it, and I haven't put it down since.

TL;DR

Hi everyone!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2013 06:32 PM
    Helo All,

I am Nina new to this forum.Looking for further discussions...
    CrossedFaith likes this.
    11-24-2013 11:53 PM
1,122 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD